Chef Alvin Go of Mkt. in Tangletown is serving up market-fresh dishes every night of the week in his scratch kitchen. Here's a few of his favorite healthy recipes to keep your resolutions on lock in 2018. Want more? You can also find chef sharing his behind-the-scenes cooking videos and trips to the farmers market on the restaurant's Instagram story.
Stop in and try chef's grilled Alaskan spot prawns with herb salad, lemon and pistachio pesto. Or give this pesto recipe a try at home!
Mix together in food processor or blender:
- 1/2 cup of packed basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup chervil
- 1 cups toasted pistachio
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt to taste
Slowly add in ~1/2 - 3/4 cups EVOO, until creamy texture. Lastly, puree in 1-ounce pecorino cheese.
Once you pop one in your mouth, you begin to realize maybe they aren't meant for sharing. Unless you want to be nice and share them with family at home. And in that case, here's chef's recipe.
- 1 sugar pie pumpkins, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 240g AP flour
- 240g cornmeal
- 25g baking powder
- 10g salt
- 2g blackpepper, ground
- 2g pasilla oaxaca (or chipotle pepper)
- 8g turmeric
- 8g coriander, toasted, ground
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, ground
- 200g butter, small diced or grated (keep cold)
- 2 ea eggs
- 1/2 C caramelized onion
- 1 ea garlic, microplaned
- 300g buttermilk
- Combine dry ingredients from Part 2 in a small bowl. Using food processor, pulse cold butter and gradually add in flour mixture.
- Combine Part 1 in large bowl. Slowly add Part 1 into Part 2, mixing by hand.
- Combine Part 3 ingredients in food processor, except buttermilk. Add Part 3 mixture and buttermilk to flour-pumpkin mixture. Combine by hand. Should be fairly stiff. Roll into balls just smaller than the size of a golf ball.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees Farenheit for 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
If you prefer to dine in and let chef handle the healthy cooking, you can book a seat online or call (206) 812-1580.